SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

All things pertaining to wireless and RF links
By apim
Hello,
I'm trying to use the WiFly shield with a fez DOMINO board.
I wrote software looking at diverses samples; it seem's ok, with an "Open" wifi network, I connect and receive finally the expected "Associated!".
But when I try connexion to an "WPAv1" "AES/TKIPM-TKIP" network, I send:

set wlan join 0
set wlan p 1234567890
reboot
join rber

and I receive

Auto-Assoc rber chan=6 mode=WPA1 SCAN OK
Joining rber now..
<2.21>
Disconn from rber,2:19
Disconn from rber,AUTH-ERR

I think, it doesnt't accept my passphrase ...
But why ? (it is the good pass, only digital numbers ...)
Thank's for your response ...
By follower
apim wrote:reboot
You either need to not reboot or (I think) save the configuration before rebooting.

I assume the authentication is failing because the passphrase is being unset on reboot.

--Philip;
By apim
Thank's for your answer, I have tried with save + reboot and without save and reboot, result is the same.
I have checked with "get wlan", passphrase is correct.
I have seen somewhere in the forum:
"WPA requires you to edit the join method, changing to 'key', rather than 'passphrase' in the connect method"
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=23498&p=115241&hil ... se#p115241
I have tried but without good result.
I think problem is in the protocol "WPAv1" "AES/TKIPM-TKIP"
But it is the wifi protocol of FREE (French Internet Access Provider)
Is somebody using this provider ? or other provider with "WPAv1" "AES/TKIPM-TKIP" ?
By follower
apim wrote:Thank's for your answer, I have tried with save + reboot and without save and reboot, result is the same.
I have checked with "get wlan", passphrase is correct.
Does your passphrase have spaces or dollar signs in it?
I have seen somewhere in the forum:
"WPA requires you to edit the join method, changing to 'key', rather than 'passphrase' in the connect method"
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=23498&p=115241&hil ... se#p115241
That suggestion is incorrect--it was only ever WEP that required an edit like that--but with the current release WEP is supported directly anyway.
I think problem is in the protocol "WPAv1" "AES/TKIPM-TKIP"
But it is the wifi protocol of FREE (French Internet Access Provider)
Is somebody using this provider ? or other provider with "WPAv1" "AES/TKIPM-TKIP" ?
The user guide says the following are supported:
The current release of Wifly firmware supports these security modes:
• WEP-128 (open mode only, NOT shared mode)
• WPA2-PSK (AES only)
• WPA1-PSK (TKIP only)
• WPA-PSK mixed mode (some APs, not all are supported)
I'm not sure if that's the same as what you have or not.

I seem to recall another person had a similar error that was fixed by moving the WiFly shield, try looking at the results returned by this search: http://google.com/search?q=site:forum.s ... m+AUTH-ERR

--Philip;
By apim
Thank's for your links, I have (re)read these posts.
I have increase space between FEZ Domino and Wifly board (3 levels of headers) , but always the same problem.
I have tried the adhoc mode, it seems work perfectly, even without the 3 levels of headers.
My passphrase is a succession of ten decimals digits (for exemple 0123456789) without any space or dollar sign (yes, poor password but why not ?).
The passphrase is correctly displayed when I send "get wlan"
The 2 bigest Internet French providers are displayed as "WPAv1" "AES/TKIPM-TKIP" when I send a "scan"
I will try to contact Roving Networks...
By follower
apim wrote:My passphrase is a succession of ten decimals digits (for exemple 0123456789) without any space or dollar sign (yes, poor password but why not ?).
The passphrase is correctly displayed when I send "get wlan"
I was going to say that some versions of the firmware treat any value starting with a "0" as no password--but I guess if it displays okay that's not the issue in this case.

You don't have MAC Access Control enabled on the router, do you? Can you read logs on the router?
I will try to contact Roving Networks...
Sounds like a good idea--I'm out of suggestions. :)

--Philip;