There's now an alpha 2 release available for download and testing: http://sparkfun.com/Code/wifly/WiFly-20 ... lpha-2.zip
A number of new features in this release: support for joining open networks; supporting for joining WEP networks (mostly untested--feedback welcome); much more reliable startup--including automatic retries; troubleshooting tools; new configuration location.
NOTE: If you have an older revision of the shield you need to modify the value 'SHIELD_REVISION' in the file 'Configuration.h'.
The changelog for this release is:
- Code: Select all
+ alpha 2 -- 17 December 2010 -- "Azalea Galaxy"
* NOTE: New configuration location! You now need to modify the value
of 'SHIELD_REVISION' in the file 'Configuration.h' to
indicate what revision of the WiFly shield you are
using. See the documentation in the file for further
detail. The value defaults to the most recent revision sold
at the time of the code release.
* Added support for joining Open networks (i.e. without a passphrase or key).
* Added (untested) WEP network support.
* Modified software reboot to hopefully work more reliably.
* Added support for hardware reset which should be more reliable than
software reboot on board revisions that support it (currently only the
most recent revision).
* Modified command mode entry method to hopefully work more
reliably. Includes use of guard time as originally inspired by
World Mood Light.
* Added 'SpiUartTerminal' troubleshooting tool.
* Added 'HardwareFactoryReset' tool to help with troubleshooting.
* Added support for further board revision feature support configuration.
* Added some debugging support.
Don't forget the source code repository is now online: https://github.com/sparkfun/WiFly-Shield