SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have questions about a SparkFun product or board? This is the place to be.
By BigRedBee
SparkFun is out of these, and so it appears is everyone else that sells them. Lead times appear to be very long.

Can anyone suggest a suitable replacement for charging small (<1000 mah) LiPos. I'm using 5V from USB to power the charger.

-- Greg
By waltr
Without looking up the data sheet on the Max part-
Microchip has the MCP7383x series of Li charge control chips. I have a few and they do work well.
Linear Tech also has a few Li charger chips.
By BigRedBee
Thanks for the info -- someone else referred me to that same chip just minutes ago -- it's just what the Dr. ordered! I've already done the PCB layout work to use this new chip -- and it's cheaper, too!

Thank you very much for your reply.

-- Greg
By JonChandler
Maxim has many great and unique parts. The One-Wire parts are one example. Great when you can find them but all too often they have horrendous lead times. Many product developers simply refuse to use then because of the supply issues.
By waltr
Many product developers simply refuse to use then because of the supply issues.
Yep, at my job we are forbidden to use Maxim parts due to supply issues. Samples are readily available but when we go to production the delivery times go out to a year or more. Bad, bad, bad.
By BigRedBee
Add me to the list!
By Cannibal
Yep, at my job we are forbidden to use Maxim parts due to supply issues. Samples are readily available but when we go to production the delivery times go out to a year or more. Bad, bad, bad.
The worst I've dealt with was 2 months, but that was still pretty rough. A year may as well be EOL for a product.