SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Everything ARM and LPC
By tushar.2nov
Hi all,
I bought a Olimex board LPC2378 STK and also Olimex ARM-JTAG(wiggler type) and now not able to establish connection of the JTAG with my laptop which doesn't have parallel and serial port.As the JTAG is of wiggler type I am using parallel port to USB converter but still using H-JTAG server is not able to detect the hardware.Please guide me how to make this work on laptop.

Thanks,
Tushar
By leon_heller
That converter is probably intended just for driving printers, in which case it won't work. You need a proper USB JTAG interface. I use a Rowley CrossConnect Pro with my laptop, and CrossWorks tools.
By tushar.2nov
is there any kind of converter i can use with same ARM-JTAG to make it work.Because again buying a new interface will cost me too much.Please suggest.
By leon_heller
No, there isn't, AFAIK. Your best solution is to find an old PC with a parallel port and use that. It might not cost you anything.
By tushar.2nov
thanks for ur quick reply.
See i have wiggler type ARM-JTAG from OLIMEX with which i am using parallel to USB converter for my laptop.that is not working.what if i use same jtag with parallel to serial and then serial to USB converter.what u think ,will it work??.
By stevech
Maybe a PCMCIA card producing a real parallel port?
More costly, I use J-Link USB on my laptop
By leon_heller
It might work, or it might not, you will have to try it. A USB JTAG interface will probably be cheaper and will definitely work.