SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

By jharris1993
Greetings!

I am looking for an interface for the micro:bit that will allow access to qwic devices.

I sure thought that you have them, but I have not been able to find them.

Can help?

Thanks!

Jim "JR"
By TS-Mark
Hi Jim,

Unfortunately, we do not have any breakouts/micro:bit carrier boards that include a Qwiic connector. I am not sure if we have anything planned as of right now since nearly all of our micro:bit boards are based around alligator clips like this. That may change in the future but, in the meantime, the best option (albeit a bit convoluted) would be to use an adapter cable like the Breadboard Jumper or the Female Jumper version along with some alligator to pigtail cables to connect to a micro:bit or one of our gator:bit boards.

You could also connect directly to the micro:bit's I2C pins using the micro:bit Breakout (with or without headers) using those same Qwiic adapter cables.

I hope this helps you find a good way to use our Qwiic devices with a micro:bit. Just be aware that the only components we have MakeCode extensions built for are going to be on our various gator:bit/micro:bit carrier boards found in the micro:bit Category.