SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions on how to get your MSP JTAG programmer up and running.
By skepticviewer
I am having problems with the Olimex RF Jtag device and am seeing the following error:
Error connecting to the target:
Could not find device (or device not supported)

I am using TI's MSP430 version of code composer studio trying to talk to a MSP430F2112. I installed the drivers and copied the DLLs to the ccs4/DebugServer/drivers directory. The first time I powered up the debugger, it successfully updated the programmer's code, than gave the above error. Tried many things, and still get the same error.

Does the RF JTAG device support CCS4?
Does it support MSP430F2112?
What do the various blinking lights on the RF JTAG indicate. ( I am getting green flash on JTAG and red flash on USB).
I have the readme included in the drivers, and the install instructions from web site, but is there other documentation I am missing?

Any help is appreciated including success stories.
By skepticviewer
SFE-TS-Nate wrote:Ugh, compatibility issues with ARMs. I would try support@olimex.com
Thanks for the suggestion. I have now emailed them. I would have tried that earlier, but I couldn't find a support email listed on the Olimex site. Thanks for the mail link.
By SFE-Nate
I've never found it on their site either. I was told it by the tech support manager here at SFE...hope I didn't just divulge super secret support information.