SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions on how to get your MSP JTAG programmer up and running.
By gm
D1 and D2 are dual diodes with a common cathode. They are used to route power to the JTAG. The anode of one of the diodes in D2 connects to pin 4 of the JTAG connector.

I'm not sure what you mean by "u2d". If you are talking about U2P, that is the power connection for the SN74HC244 and the schematic is showing you that pin 20 should be connected to VCC and pin 10 should be connected to GND and that a 100nF bypass capacitor is connected between VCC and GND.

HTH,

gm
By lopb
gm wrote:D1 and D2 are dual diodes with a common cathode. They are used to route power to the JTAG. The anode of one of the diodes in D2 connects to pin 4 of the JTAG connector.

I'm not sure what you mean by "u2d". If you are talking about U2P, that is the power connection for the SN74HC244 and the schematic is showing you that pin 20 should be connected to VCC and pin 10 should be connected to GND and that a 100nF bypass capacitor is connected between VCC and GND.

HTH,

gm
Thank you!
i will build it and let you know what happen.
:D
By lopb
Hi, I was working in other things.. sorry for the delay. I'm about to build this programer.
Can somebody tell me what is VDD? in the circuit schematics?
And About the 74hc244, the output levels are 3V or TTL?
thanks