SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions on how to get your MSP JTAG programmer up and running.
By Saints
Hi,
So I am using the MSP430f2618 (soon to be the CC430 with the MSP430f5xx core). I have been using a Nokia 3310 with some bit-banging software that was given to me from a friend and mentor. This is working great and I love it, but the LCD is too small for my application so I must move on to a bit bigger pixel quantity and screen size. Therefore we selected a new LCD (also had to have a backlight) NHD-C12864EZ-FSW-FTW-3V3P (http://www.newhavendisplay.com/index.ph ... cts_id=660). This LCD uses the ST7565 controller type and is a serial interface (just like the nokia).

So I was wondering if this amazing community could help me out and either give some amazing sample code from similar projects, a how to list for setting up LCDs with MSP, helpful links, and anything you guys and gals think might be helpful for someone newer to building bit-banging from the ground up.

I am using IAR workbench to do my programing and I am using the 64 pin evaluation board from TI to test and run all the codes. I should be able to figure out how to place the pins from board to the serial connector, yet if you have any tricks of the trade (and not a rouge) you would like to bestow upon me for that part of it I will still be thankful.

Sincerely,
Jake