SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions on how to get your MSP JTAG programmer up and running.
By titironi
Hi, i'm new to programming MSP430 devices. I recently purchased the msp430 from olimex (the one that uses the parallel port). I'm trying to get it work with Olimex MSP430-JTAG programmer, but i keep getting the same error: cannot initialize the port! I'm guessing i need to install the drivers from olimex, but all the installations guide i've read seem to work only with MSP430-JTAG-TINY, MSP430-JTAG-ISO or MSP430-JTAG-RF (and not with MSP430-JTAG). This is because they all assume you can connect something to the usb port. Since MSP430-JTAG works with parallel port, this is impossible to me. Any suggestions? Does anyone know how to install this driver? Thanks.
By lopb
titironi wrote:Hi, i'm new to programming MSP430 devices. I recently purchased the msp430 from olimex (the one that uses the parallel port). I'm trying to get it work with Olimex MSP430-JTAG programmer, but i keep getting the same error: cannot initialize the port! I'm guessing i need to install the drivers from olimex, but all the installations guide i've read seem to work only with MSP430-JTAG-TINY, MSP430-JTAG-ISO or MSP430-JTAG-RF (and not with MSP430-JTAG). This is because they all assume you can connect something to the usb port. Since MSP430-JTAG works with parallel port, this is impossible to me. Any suggestions? Does anyone know how to install this driver? Thanks.
Hi! i have the same problem
did u solve it?
thanks
By gm
How are you connecting the JTAG to your computer and what program are you using to try to connect to the JTAG?

gm
By lopb
gm wrote:How are you connecting the JTAG to your computer and what program are you using to try to connect to the JTAG?

gm
I did not connect the jtag yet.
I will tell wo what happen after connect it.
Thanks for your help!