SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions on how to get your MSP JTAG programmer up and running.
By va
Everything was ok with my used MSP430-JTAG-RF using IAR and lastest drivers.

While working on a project, I got a message on IAR saying "Chosen derivate XXXX and actual hardware (Device_Unknown) do not match. Continue download". Hitting yes, it later reports that XXX memory could not be written.

I have tried another programmer and other target boards. My conclusion is that the "slave" device of the wireless programmer has has been corrupted (Its led does blinks, I guess it means it is linked to the computer device).

What else should I check? is there a way to reprogram it?

Thank you!
By zooz
Hi va,

I'm running into the same problem with you. I'm programming a msp430fe4272 chip for the first time and I get the message "Chosen derivative msp430fe4272 and actual hardware (Device_Unknown) do not match". Have you found a solution for this?

Thank you
Zooz, unfortunately I haven't found a solution yet.

Too bad as this is the second problem I report with this device. At that time Olimex reprogrammed it after I sent the device to them. However, for me it was not clear what was the cause of the malfunction.

I'm purchasing a different programmer from Olimex (the isolated standalone). Let's see how it works. However for me this wireless device is very attractive, and I would like to get a solution for it.

I'll let you know if I get a solution.