SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions on how to get your MSP JTAG programmer up and running.
By igorcocu
We know that we can change the IP number in the code and we have already other IP number ( from a computer from our laboratory) to work with the board web server.
But what we need is a new number from the school, not the computer one, because when the computer is working our webserver doesn't work, so we asked for a local IP new number and they want the ID number of the MSP microcontroller, something like a serial number ... I don't know why,I don't know how to find it ,is not in the code, is not the software, is the hardware, and the microcontroller is under the Display so I can't see anything!
Is that ID number really needed? If yes, how can I know it?
Thank you very much.
Greetings.
By Guest
It is possible you talk about MAC address. Read slaa137.pdf.
In Andreas Dannenberg stack it is
#define MYMAC_1 1 // our ethernet (MAC) address
#define MYMAC_2 2 // (MUST be unique in LAN!)
#define MYMAC_3 3
#define MYMAC_4 4
#define MYMAC_5 5
#define MYMAC_6 6

Regards Yuriy
By RussNelson
:shock: I'm surprised that MAC address works. An odd address in the first byte is considered by most TCP stacks to be a multicast address. I guess that most IP stacks are written to accept an odd result from ARP even though that can't be right. Given that you don't seem to have an IEEE OUI, you really ought to be using 02:03:04:05:06:07 as the MAC address. The 02 in the first byte means "locally assigned". You are then responsible for ensuring that the address is unique on your LAN. You'll really screw up the network if you reuse the same Ethernet address for two different machines.

If you want to put two EZWEB ]['s on the same network, you MUST recompile with a different MAC address, prefereably one beginning with 02.
-russ
By Igorcocu
We have changed the MYMAC number and now is ok.
Thanks a lot! :D
By chronos
Hello can you tell me how to put mac address
on the cs8900a.c (slaa137 ti instruments) more over i am keep building that progect IAR kickstart embedded workbench and keeps telling metelling me "FATAL ERROR: MORE THAN (0x1000) BYTES OF CODE USED" without giving any output results in the whole project I have builded.
i dont know what to help i need it for my thesis