SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions on how to get your MSP JTAG programmer up and running.
By naz
i need both hardware and software connection,

i'm using msp430f2101 microcontroller,it doesn't have USART and TXD,RXD line,instead of this we have to use port pins, it has 2 port pins it 16 I/O. any one know how to communication with this port pins?, my intention is we have to receive the gps data from gps modul and is fed to msp430f2101 then it fed to terminal.
if any one know about that pl reply back. i need both hardware and example code.

by
naz
By gm
TI has documentation and code that uses TimerA to generate the proper bit timing.

HTH,

gm
By naz
hello GM,

could u please send me the corresponding link?

by
naz
By naz
hello GM,

i saw ur's link ,it's fully based on assembly,i want a code in C.thank you GM

by
naz
By Mark_
Do you mean you want code that can be used in a project using C code? Or do you mean you want the actual functions written in C instead of assembly?

They're based in assembly but you can use them with C code. It's based in assembly so that the code is optimized/faster. The documentation defines the different functions and variables you have access to if you make use of it.

--Mark
By OldCow
c code is also compiled into assembly code. Do you want a c compiler that compiles c code into c code?

c compilers are usually written in c code, but usually they do not work in MSP430. They themselves must be compiled into assembly code and only much bigger systems can handle that.