SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions on how to get your MSP JTAG programmer up and running.
By sampath
Dear Experts,
I am new to this forum. Please let me know anybody knows the instruction set of MSP430F423 microcontroller. I am using IAR compiler and have to write the code in C.
Thanx in advance.
Sampath
By wiml
You should be able to get that from TI's website ... I think you want the "MSP430 family user guide" (it's a 4MB PDF which you can download, or you can order a printed book). There's a separate document for each member of the family describing the particular peripherals on each version of the chip.
By jayjay
Hi

Where does one order printed version of the MSP datasheets? I could not find any link? Has TI linked up some external printer for this service?

Thanks
Jay
By wiml
Yup, the printed stuff seems to go through munozprinting.com. On the TI MSP430 page, click on "user guides" and then "Buy". They only seem to have it for the larger ones (>100 pp or so).
By jayjay
Thx mate, thats great help, but looks like I might as well get a el-cheapo laser printer do have it printed myself than to pay their printing charges and shipping. The only company I know so far who are still old-fashioned in terms of supplying free printed datasheets are Freescale, god forbid they choose to abandon it too.

Thanks again for the link.

Cheers
Jay