SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions on how to get your MSP JTAG programmer up and running.
By hragsarkissian
Hi,

I am relatively new the microcontrollers. I have been using the MSP430 for over 2 months now. I have become fairly familiar when it comes to programming and GPIO. However, I would like to implement a linx transceiver TRM-433-LT to send and receive simple messages between different MSP430s. I have been able to establish a solid link between the transceivers (one on receive mode, the other on send mode) and have tested them with simple pushbutton and leds. The transceiver has a DATA port to which you send the input and receive the ouput. Setting the port on high (connecting it to Vcc) will send out a HIGH signal (1 bits), while setting it to low will not send anything (this represents 0 bits). Now when it comes to programming the MSP430, i really have no idea how to begin. I would like to send a stream of data as simple as a few bits and would like to be able to see them on the receiving end. I have no experience with C but am very familiar with C++. How should i do this? Would i need to use a serial protocol such as UART?

Please let me know as i have been experimenting for 3 days now to no avail.

Thanks,

Hrag