SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions on how to get your MSP JTAG programmer up and running.
By RSYOUNG
I just got this board, and frankly can't see where to connect DC power to board. I've located the 3.3V voltage regulator, but don't see a connector or even solder pads for the external voltage.

Anybody have an idea?
By TheDirty
That's interesting. I assume it comes from the headers, but even the schematic does not show the header pins. I looked on the Olimex site and there's no documentation linked on the page that tells what the header pin out are.
By FartingMonkey92
Had a look on the silkscreen? :wink:
VIN and GND are at opposite corners...
By TheDirty
Ha. Ya, there it is right on the top in the picture. VIN is what you are looking for.
By RSYOUNG
I made sure to look at the data sheet on the LM117 voltage regulator and shot continuity to the middle input pin of the surface mount IC. Cut the end of a discarded wall water power supply and then inserted the wires into the marked pin inserts of the connectors. Worked fined.

This device feels like it was designed for some other purpose than being a dev board.

Thanks for the help.

R.
:D
By TheDirty
I don't understand. Why did you need to trace the wires? Aren't the pins marked on the silkscreen like shown in the picture on the site? The pins are marked on the top of the board with the white silkscreen lettering.
By leon_heller
I think I can identify it on the Olimex web page! There is only one connector it can be, according to the schematic, and it seems to be at the top left of the left hand image of the board, near the regulator.

Leon
By TheDirty
Maybe I'm on crazy pills here, but here's a picture of the product from this site. Pin assignments are labeled right next to the pins. VIN is bottom right.

By FartingMonkey92
TheDirty wrote:*snip*
That's where i got the OP's answer...
By TheDirty
^^and your answer is where I got my answer. I just assumed everything would be in a datasheet, didn't even look at the pictures that closely until you mentioned it.