SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions on how to get your MSP JTAG programmer up and running.
By sid_s
hi,

Can anyone tell me how to interface serial port with matlab or a driver code for serial port

Thanks
Regards
Sid
By leon_heller
Presumably you just need something like a MAX3232 to interface the MSP320 to a PC COM port.

Leon
By sid_s
m using a laptop with no com 3 port...is der any solution to that....& is it possible by any code

THx
By leon_heller
You need a USB-RS-232 converter, then. You need to write the code for the MSP430, of course.

Leon
By sid_s
As i am new to his MSP430 can you tell me where can i get a sample code for this or what will the code include..
By sid_s
Can anyone please tell me which code i can use from the code library for UART??
By gm
Which MSP430 are you using? Some need to use TimerA and some have hardware UART's on them.
By leon_heller
TI has sample code for both techniques.

Leon
By sid_s
M using MSP430Fg4618/2013 experimenter's board
When i use USB to RS 232 converter, do i need to write some code for accessing USB or an UART code for kit & a matlab code would be fine?
By theatrus
USB to RS232 converters appear as COM ports under Windows. You can use them like normal serial ports.
By sid_s
i tried to use USB to RS232 but when i send data from USB the processor is not able to know that data is coming...wat is the solution to this. Can any one tell me which code can i use for serial port data transmit & receive
By gm
You can download the demo software from here. There are two files - hal_uart.c and hal_uart.h. Include those into your project. That should get you started.

hth,

gm