SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions on how to get your MSP JTAG programmer up and running.
By Arecki
I'm using MSP 430F1222.
I need to have a posibility to download the new versions of my programs to the flash.
The great solution for this would be a standard bootstrap loader, but pin P2.2 used in BSL is already in use as input, and there is no way to change it.
Is there any chance to use pins P3.4 and P3.5 (UTXD0 and URXD0) instead of P1.1 and P2.2 in BSL?
My project is already communicating via UART using pins P3.4 and P3.5, and the posibility to use it to communicate with BSL will resolve my problem.
Programming using JTAG can't be a solution for this problem.

Where can I find the C (or assembler) version of bootstrap loader used in this microcontroller (MSP 430F1222)?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Arecki
By OLIMEX
Arecki wrote: Is there any chance to use pins P3.4 and P3.5 (UTXD0 and URXD0) instead of P1.1 and P2.2 in BSL?

Where can I find the C (or assembler) version of bootstrap loader used in this microcontroller (MSP 430F1222)?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Arecki
if your board is not designed properly to use the build in bootloader you should write one by yourself

Tsvetan
By Arecki
OLIMEX wrote: if your board is not designed properly to use the build in bootloader you should write one by yourself

Tsvetan
Yes, but I thought I could get the oryginal TI bootstrap loader and change it. I was asking TI for this, but they refused.
I have a hex version of this loader, but I can't get the assembler.
I'm not quite good to write it all by myself, I'm begginer.

I'm still looking for anything that could help me to write it, some examples or something.

If you know where I can find it I'll be grateful.

Arecki
By mspler
Arecki wrote:but pin P2.2 used in BSL is already in use as input, and there is no way to change it.
As far as i know, this done automatically once the ini sequence for the bsl is activated!!
There are a few things done
stop wdt
disable all irq
TX pin is set to output hi
RX pin is set to input
and a few other things

cu

mspler