SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions on how to get your MSP JTAG programmer up and running.
By deliub
I am usig an Olimex jtag and MSP430F2419.
I want to test my MSP with a simple program (flash led).When i try to debug i receive this error:"Chosen derivative (MSP430F2419) and actual hardware (Device_unknow) do not match"
This is my code:
#include <msp430x24x>

void main(void)
{
WDTCTL = WDTPW + WDTHOLD; // Stop WDT
P1DIR |= 0x01; // P1.0 output
TACTL = TASSEL_2 + MC_2 + TAIE; // SMCLK, contmode, interrupt

_BIS_SR(LPM0_bits + GIE); // Enter LPM0 w/ interrupt
}

// Timer_A3 Interrupt Vector (TAIV) handler
#pragma vector=TIMERA1_VECTOR
__interrupt void Timer_A(void)
{
switch( TAIV )
{
case 2: break; // CCR1 not used
case 4: break; // CCR2 not used
case 10: P1OUT ^= 0x01; // overflow
break;
}
}

I have selected from option menu MSP430F2419.
I now my jtag it's working because i have a second mcu MSP430F169, and i don't have any problem.
Please somebody help me, becouse i try evrithing and i still don't have any ideas.
Thank you.
By OldCow
I do not use Olimex tools. But I think this is what happens:

MSP430F2419 is relatively new and Olimex did not update their JTAG tools. Thus when IAR told the the JTAG tool (by Olimex) to check the chip (F2419), the tool says it found the hardware (the F2419 chip) as an unknown device (because its database did not include it).

You should ask Olimex to update and support newer Devices. At the mean time, you can tell IAR to ignore this and continue.
By deliub
I thing you are right, becouse i set from IAR option->FET debugger->Texas Instruments another jtag and now i kent programing my MSP430F2419. I forgot to tell you that my jtag it is LPT.
But my problem it's not entierly solved.
Now IAR after, download my program in flash memory, shows another problem:"The stack plug-in failed to set a breakpoint on "main".The stack window will not be able to display stack contents." and it told me to change this settings in Tools>Option dialog box, but does not solve the problem, only does not show the window error.
I hope this problem does not depends in what you have said with that driver.
Maybe you have an idea for this, or somebody else
Thank you for your first answer.
By OldCow
You probably are using assembly and do not have a label main. IAR debugger did not like that. You can either ignore that error message, or add such a label in you code.
By deliub
I' use only C, and it is the some program writed in my first post. I try another program but with the same problem.
I observ, after the program it's finaly download in to flash memory(at last), and after i release the jtag and reset the mcu doesn't work at all.
I tested the same MSP430F2419 with Code Composer from TI, the mcu work very good, with absolutely no problem, but i need to use IAR.
Thank you for help me, and i'm sorry for my english.