SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions &/or issues related to products in the Kits category should be posted in this forum.
Hi Mark. I looked back and found this... "For safety, please be sure that the total load power is limited to 15W because, even at that wattage, the heatsink will get hot to the touch".

I was attempting to push it over the limit!

It may be helpful if on the product description to give brief examples such as : 15W = 1.25A @ 12V, 3A @ 5V, 0.625A @ 24V, etc.

Thanks for all of your help. Sorry for the goose chase on this last one. Take care!
Jaime
Hey again Jaime,

Ah, that makes sense. I'm pretty sure the board will automatically shut off power if you try and push beyond 15W so that would explain why your LOAD_ON LED was not staying on. That is a good suggestion for clarifying what kind of voltage/amperage would equal 15W so other users do not run into this issue. We'll look into either adding a couple of examples in the description or possibly in the Hookup Guide (or both!).

I'm glad we finally figured out what was causing that problem and hopefully, your Load Kit is working okay now with a lower load. Let us know if you run into any other issues with this or if you have any other questions about the Variable Load Kit or other SparkFun products, feel free to create another topic and we would be happy to help.

Happy hacking!