SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions &/or issues related to products in the Kits category should be posted in this forum.
By emonakov
Hello,

I recently bought Johnny-Five Inventor's Kit with Tessel 2 on Amazon as a birthday gift for my kid. It was delivered fast in a good condition.

We were running LED experiments and found out that pins A5, A6, B5, B6 do not make LED flash. What could that mean ? Does that mean the board is malfunctioning? Or we are doing something wrong?
By TS-Chris
Hello emonakov. Thanks for posting on our forums!

The first thing I would try is to turn the LED around in case you wired it up backwards the first time. Give that a try and if they work then, you're all set.

If that's not it, is is just those 4 pins that you're having trouble with? If you jump to experiment 2 in the guide, do the LEDs work on those pins then?
By emonakov
TS-Chris wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:56 pm Hello emonakov. Thanks for posting on our forums!

The first thing I would try is to turn the LED around in case you wired it up backwards the first time. Give that a try and if they work then, you're all set.

If that's not it, is is just those 4 pins that you're having trouble with? If you jump to experiment 2 in the guide, do the LEDs work on those pins then?
I think I tried everything, I even walk trough each of them one by one with LED and ground wire connected to short leg.
Didn't work.
By emonakov
TS-Chris wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:04 pm Does the RGB LED work when you try experiment 2?
Even this experiment didn't work. I got my new Tessel 2 board yesterday. Tried this experiment https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/ex ... ink-an-led and it didn't work with pin A5

I tried it on both Linux and Windows machines. Same result every time.
So either guide is wrong or something has been changed in the hardware.
You can try it yourself on I can record a video how that experiment goes on pin A5 and the on A4 (spoiler: A4 works fine)
I see there's a video on the experiment 1 page: https://youtu.be/mF_1U7NIMSk
But it's definitely not what's happening with my boards.

Regarding experiment 2: LEDs on A5,A6 are not blinking on both boards