SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions &/or issues related to products in the Movement & IMU category should be posted in this forum.
I have been searching for how to read the Razor IMU M0 from the I2C bus very little success. What is even more troubling is that the information I found doesnt appear to that you can get back quaternions when you read from the I2C bus. It seems as though you get back data from sensors separately. I need to get the fused quaternion data to my processor that has bluetooth, so I can transmit it to my computer.

A HUGE reason why I purchased this device was because it gave you data in quaternions and didnt require a calibration practice.

1. What do you need to do to make quaternion data accessible from the I2C bus?
2. Could someone direct me to how I can read the 9dof Razor IMU M0 from the I2C bus
3. Do you need to push data into the FIFO buffer so that it can be read from the I2C bus

Thank you
1. What do you need to do to make quaternion data accessible from the I2C bus?
The Razor IMU M0 really isn't meant to be used as a I2C device, it's more of a serial device that reads it's own sensors via I2C. You could probably write your own firmware to create a new I2C bus and send data out to another system via that I2C bus, but the I2C bus the board has now is meant for attaching more sensors too, not for communication with another system. We have a tutorial on SAMD21 SERCOMs that you might check out that explains how to create a new I2C bus on the SAMD21. (That's the processor that runs the Razor M0.)
2. Could someone direct me to how I can read the 9dof Razor IMU M0 from the I2C bus
You really can't for the reasons stated above. With the right firmware, you might be able to pull off a multi master I2C setup though. We don't have firmware that does that so you would have to write your own.