Your source for all things Atmel.
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:39 pm
- Location: Cleveland, OH
Hey all, I've got a project in the works that needs to program a CPLD (in this case an ATF1508ASVL in the 84PLCC package from atmel) and I was wondering if the JTAG interface on the ATmega128 would be useable for this, or if it is solely a programming interface. Any help would be great. Thanks!
"Oh, you have to plug it into the wall!" - Just before 120VAC hit his 'Mega168.
- Support Volunteer
- Posts: 5734
- Joined: Sun May 01, 2005 11:20 am
- Location: St. Leonards-on-Sea, E. Sussex, UK.
The JTAG I/F is just for programming and debugging.
- Posts: 247
- Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:34 am
- Location: Gland, Switzerland
If I remember correctly, JTAG is a kind of SPI: clock, data in, data out and some control signal. You could probably use the SPI and some IO lines.