SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Your source for all things Atmel.
By stevech
The Teensy I/O pins connect to the AVR microprocessor. So the data sheet for that will answer your questions.

see avrfreaks.net - most data sheets are there. Or of course, Atmel's web site.
By josheeg
I am looking at the data sheet I am looking in the pin io section and can't find anything about the thresholds....
By josheeg
I am looking at page 398 30.2 DC Characteristics...
this is what I found...
VIH
Input High Voltage,
Except XTAL1 and
RESET pins
VCC = 2.7V - 5.5V
0.6VCCmin
5v * .6 = 3v so it is questionable with a power supply dip right?
the reg is 3.3v the micro has a 5v reg
By josheeg
Ok but now I ran into another problem the teensy runs at 16mhz 16mips so how do I know what converter is fast enough so I do not have to put delays in my code if I want to say pin up and pin down or visa versa without having to put delays in??? I found these

The bidirectional translator I seen on a comment on sparkfun.com 's
page that has a translator but the comments said it had problems and
used a simple voltage divider for the down converter this was
sugjested in the comments. TXB0108 I am looking into how fast it is.

It is described as 8-BIT BIDIRECTIONAL VOLTAGE-LEVEL TRANSLATOR WITH
AUTO-DIRECTION SENSING AND ±15-kV ESD PROTECTION.
8 channel and said to be 2$ on the post. so less than 2 of these could
isolate and level translate on all the lines needed if it was fast
enough...

here is the link I set the propigation delay on the search to 3ns but
their are some products clasified differently so they may not be in
these results.

http://www.mouser.com/Semiconductors/Lo ... ricing%7C0
By Liencouer
josheeg wrote:Ok but now I ran into another problem the teensy runs at 16mhz 16mips so how do I know what converter is fast enough so I do not have to put delays in my code if I want to say pin up and pin down or visa versa without having to put delays in??? <snip>
if you give us a clue as to what you're trying to accomplish, we can probably help you get there.
By stevech
josheeg wrote:I am looking at page 398 30.2 DC Characteristics...
this is what I found...
VIH
Input High Voltage,
Except XTAL1 and
RESET pins
VCC = 2.7V - 5.5V
0.6VCCmin
5v * .6 = 3v so it is questionable with a power supply dip right?
the reg is 3.3v the micro has a 5v reg
So this tells you that if your input is 3.0V or more it will be a logic 1, with 0.3V of margin. The device producing this signal would be powered by 3.3V regulator, right? So there wouldn't be a "dip"?

There are simple circuits to allow for a pull-up resistor to 5V. Or use of a level shifter chip if you have a number of lines.
By josheeg
Liencouer wrote:
josheeg wrote:Ok but now I ran into another problem the teensy runs at 16mhz 16mips so how do I know what converter is fast enough so I do not have to put delays in my code if I want to say pin up and pin down or visa versa without having to put delays in??? <snip>
if you give us a clue as to what you're trying to accomplish, we can probably help you get there.
Hi I am going for the level converter chips I have over 9 lines I think 12
here is a link to my pre release of the open source hardware I am working on it is being programmed in C because I herd I can get tighter code than the arduino control functions.

http://sites.google.com/site/openloopproject/

I am looking to go from the ads1278 24 bit 20K samples per second on 8 channels simultaniously.
The processor is the teensy++
By stevech
josheeg wrote:
Liencouer wrote:
Hi I am going for the level converter chips I have over 9 lines I think 12
here is a link to my pre release of the open source hardware I am working on it is being programmed in C because I herd I can get tighter code than the arduino control functions.

http://sites.google.com/site/openloopproject/

I am looking to go from the ads1278 24 bit 20K samples per second on 8 channels simultaniously.
The processor is the teensy++
The Teensy++ has 12 available I/O port bits?
Before diving into 8 x 20K sps, at 24 bit datums, consider whether the 8 bit micro has enough RAM, I/O and compute to ingest/process at that rate. What you speak of is quite high.
By josheeg
Yes it has 12 bits or more available.
By stevech
Before diving into 8 x 20K sps, consider whether the 8 bit micro has enough RAM, I/O and compute to ingest/process at that rate. What you speak of is quite high.
By josheeg
the usb serial example on the teensy++ website I compiled and ran the benchmark example it is fast enough to transmit to do that. Also their is enough speed to interupt or poll data ready read a byte clk read byte clk read byte. Do this till 2 samples filll some of the 64byte usb buffer array put the array into the usb serial out function that does a bulk transfer. I might have the function name wrong.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]