SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Your source for all things Atmel.
By ajk265
So, I am having issues getting my display working. My hardware is an ATMega168 connected to Sparkfun's 128x64 Graphic LCD Screen through the Serial Graphic LCD Backpack.

I used the code that was in the serial backpack, but was having issues with it printing random characters. I am using the internal 8MHz, which is probably part of my issue, since it has large error when using a baud rate of 115,200.

Because of this, I connected the serial port directly to the screen so that I can use the command in the data sheet to set the baud rate to something that is actually supported well at that frequency.

From the serial port, I connect the grounds together, connected the rx from the backpack to the tx of the port. I set it to 115,200 baud, 8 data bits, no parity and 1 stop bit. The flow control had to be set to Xon/Xoff without a hardware handshake to print characters at all.

However, none of the character print what is expected. When I press a capital A, it prints an underscore. Also, to run the demo code, you're supposed to print '|' and then <control>d, but this doesn't do anything but print random characters on the screen.

Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong (most likely a stupid mistake or two)? If you need more info from me, please let me know. Thanks for your help in advance!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]