SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Your source for all things Atmel.
By pjwerneck
Sharkbits, I have a wireless project using some cheap 433mhz modules to communicate and I got a pair of those TRF-2.4G to replace. I found your code here and got your demo working on the first try. Great job!

I was trying to get 2 home-made arduino to work with 3.3v and 8mhz, but then I gave up after some problems and used the exactly same setup you did with the mosfets. I used 2N7000 transistors when testing on a breadboard, and BSS138 on sort of a shield too. I also had problems compiling with 0014, so I'm using 0011.

So, thanks a lot for doing this and making it available... do you or anyone else have any more practical examples for real-world applications using your library? My circuit and code using those other modules was very straightforward and now I'm kinda lost on the best way to change it to these.
By r55boy
Any idea if this library will work with the nRF24L01+. This uses the SPI interface so I'm guessing it wont?

Also I cant find how to connect the nRF24L01+ to the Arduino?
By leon_heller
Connect it to the SPI interface.

Leon
By sharkbits
pjwerneck wrote:Sharkbits, I also had problems compiling with 0014, so I'm using 0011.
I think somebody already figured out what the problem with 0014 and how to get around it earlier in this same thread. I haven't tried it cause 0011 works well for me.
pjwerneck wrote: do you or anyone else have any more practical examples for real-world applications using your library?
Well I tried making the library functions as generic as possible in such a way they can be used in any kind of application. Are you asking for project ideas? If so then just do a google search for wireless project or similar and pick what you like.
Hope this helps. And thanks for the props it didnt go unnoticed :)
By sharkbits
r55boy wrote:Any idea if this library will work with the nRF24L01+. This uses the SPI interface so I'm guessing it wont?
Nop sry it wont without major modifications. The top level functions group can be used as is but all low level ones have to be re-implemented.
r55boy wrote: Also I cant find how to connect the nRF24L01+ to the Arduino?
As Leon already mentioned, the easiest way is to use the SPI interface on your Arduino/ATMega.