SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Your source for all things Atmel.
By josheeg
The blog post AVR Logic Analyzer is how I found this gem. Adafruit's boarduino usb is a nice bear bones system for it with the usb tiny programmer or make your own board... I would sugjest kicad.

This is not the one programmed using open frameworks it might be better but compiling that was too hard.

AVR Logic analyzer case and updated source code working!
Hi I found in a forum post the code for a avr logic analyser the avr code works for the arduino so it is a usb logic analyzer.
The pc code is in processing if you use ubuntu linux run processing as root or fallow a tut. in adafruit's website.
You should load the code into the sketches folder described in the prefrences you find under root. Root is different than normal users folder...
The code can be loaded into a mega 8 or 168 useing usbtiny kit once again I do not have a com port on my laptop.
Using ubuntu once again run the programmer avrdude in root to make the com port work.
Also when running the logic analyzer code make shure your root and your AVR Logic Analyzer is plugged in otherwise you will get a string error because their is not a com port in the string unless your computer has com ports my laptop does not.
This would be a awsome kit and the code realy could use labeling of the channels and port c and arduino pins...
Boarduino pins A0-A5 are port c their labeled A because they can be a analog inputs.
A0 is the first line A1 is the second... etc...
The green squair means the channel is triggering the logic analiser.
I turn all but the clock red I think that is how I should use this...
You must turn red unused inputs or tie them in one direction or another...
To make this circuit work for 3V logic I hope to use these optocouplers and isolate the circuit...
ACPL-772L and ACPL-072L
3.3V/5V High Speed CMOS Optocoupler
They are optocouplers with buffers and shmitt triggers so the pulse stays squair without extera resistors etc.

Good cables and case would be great and a time base in the code and graphing allong the time axis...

here is the make magazine link.

http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2008/0 ... vrard.html