SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions on the software and hardware for Atmel's STK standard.
By pmt0107
hi everyone,
I ve got a problem with mcp2515 initialization. I have a mcp2515 connects with an atmega8.
My Board only has got order to send msg and it does not receive any msg. That's why I connect the INT pin of the mcp with the pin PB1(OC1A) of the atmega8

My Board worked already but since I broke up the connection between Pin INT of the mcp with the atmega and tried to connect it again, the board doesn't work anymore. There is a led to indicate that the initialization is successful, but it does not light up. SPI signals are still sent

does someone have guess what of the mcp2515 can break up its initialization.

I tried to find the error for 1 week and now I'm givin up. i tried to check all connections but they are fine

thx in advance
By Ross Robotics
I don't what that image is supposed to tell us, not much really.. What does "I broke up the connection" mean? Was it a wire? A trace on a PCB?
By pmt0107
I posted the image to show the connections between atmega8 and mcp2515.
there is a wire to connect the "Int" Pin of mcp2515 and the atmega8. the solder was not good . I cut it off and soldered again. But the board doesnt work any more. i guess that it get stucked in the initialization because the initialization led doesnt light up.
By Ross Robotics
pmt0107 wrote:I posted the image to show the connections between atmega8 and mcp2515.
The image only shows half the Atmega symbol. It doesn't even tell us what Atmega it is nor does it show the MCP2515.
there is a wire to connect the "Int" Pin of mcp2515 and the atmega8. the solder was not good . I cut it off and soldered again. But the board doesnt work any more. i guess that it get stucked in the initialization because the initialization led doesnt light up.
Check the solder joint again. You may have sent a charge to the pin that damaged it.