SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions on the software and hardware for Atmel's STK standard.
By dyadica
Hi, I have made a couple of posings already in ref to this over on the product page: http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10999 however thought it would be a good idea to ask here too, I hope this is not classed as cross posting etc

I have got two pro micros both a 5V and 3v3. I had been unable to get either working up untill today when I managed to get the 5V running via reflashing with the bootloader supplied in the add on package. I did this via the arduino ide.

However I still have not been able to get the 3v3 board up and running. When I try to reflash with the bootloader I recieve an error message detailing:

avrdude: Device signature = 0x000000
avrdude: Yikes! Invalid device signature.
Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
this check.

The arduino documentation states that this is most likely due to the wrong board being selected from the Tools > Board menu or that I am not using the right version of avrdude. Arduino uses a slightly modified version of avrdude to upload sketches to the Arduino board.

For ref I have tried via both versions 1.0 and 1.0.1 of the arduino ide.

I have asumed that the bootloader supplied in the pro micro addon package is suitable for both 5V and 3v3 bootloader burning as I am aforded the selection of both boards via the ide. Is this not the case? and if not where can I get hold of the right bootloader in order to complete etc.

Since my first attempt with the 3v3 it will now not be recognised via the system so I definatly need to do a re-burn etc. Also can I do the -F override via the arduino ide, I cannot seem to work this one out but guess its a no!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, d