SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions on the software and hardware for Atmel's STK standard.
By briscoe
Hello Everyone,

I am having issues reading transmitted data from my Pro micr 5v over the usb com port. The problem is my computer connects to the com port but I do not receive any of the data being transmitted from the pro micro. I am able to get the data using certain terminal programs If i do some vodo and change the com port baud rate while connected to the port, it then it starts working. Strangely I don't have to change it to any specific baud rate, I change the baud rate once and then It starts reading data. Iv selected outrageous baud rates and It continues to receive the messages.

Im tying to write a visual basic program to communicate with the pro micro but it connects to the com port and no data is received due to this issue. I should not have to use any vodo to get the com port to work, it should just connect and be ready to go.

I only have this issue with the com port associated with the usb port, the com port that connects to the pro micro RX TX pins works great. I receive the transmitting data right after connecting the com port. I have the drivers installed and can program the pro micro from arduino like normal

Anyone have any ideas on what I should do? I'm really stuck without the usb com port and cannot proceed with my project sadly. I am making a HID computer remote and wanted to receive messages via the com port for special functions like computer shutdown. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Scott B-)
By Joeisi
You will probably want to post this in the Arduino section to get more support. I'm no expert on Arduino, so I sadly cannot help you.