SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions on the software and hardware for Atmel's STK standard.
By mramos1
I have a STK500 and bought a couple Tiny11 (old high voltage serial programming chips). At less than 50 cents, looked like a deal.

I have setup the jumpers and wire per the manual, and per the manual on Atmels website (they are the same). and I can not read the signature, or
write to the chips.

Anyone successfully burn a Tiny11 with the STK500. Is my burner bad? I can do cabled, 1200, 2313, and Mega8 all day long.
By leon_heller
mramos1 wrote:I have a STK500 and bought a couple Tiny11 (old high voltage serial programming chips). At less than 50 cents, looked like a deal.

I have setup the jumpers and wire per the manual, and per the manual on Atmels website (they are the same). and I can not read the signature, or
write to the chips.

Anyone successfully burn a Tiny11 with the STK500. Is my burner bad? I can do cabled, 1200, 2313, and Mega8 all day long.
I've done it, but it was a long time ago. I had a lot of problems and Atmel had to modify their software before I could get it to work. I didn't have any problems with a home-made programmer - design is available via the Tiny11 Yahoo group.

Leon
By mramos1
leon_heller wrote: I've done it, but it was a long time ago. I had a lot of problems and Atmel had to modify their software before I could get it to work. I didn't have any problems with a home-made programmer - design is available via the Tiny11 Yahoo group.

Leon
I have a homemade one I will finish this weekend I started it last weekend. But it was a little work, and no EMAILs from Atmel. Hate to say it, but I have already ordered a programmer for the Microchip line (new one, I have a P16PRO40). Atmel has done me well in the past, but when I really needed them (the only time I have ever needed them), no answer back. And looks like Microchip now has all the same items. I give up some speed, not a problem, and a few cents, but I have no choice. It is ashame as I run bastoc.com, and push an Atmel compiler.

Anyway, Thanks for your response. I would think Atmel would document the issue with the Tiny11 for people, as I now have chips I can not use. Such a deal at less that 50 cents. hehehe.. The other programmer I have to flip a switch to allpy 12 volts to it. But I will try it.