SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions on the software and hardware for Atmel's STK standard.
By kwgilpin
I recently upgraded from AVR Studio 4 to 5, and now it seems that when debugging, breakpoints are not stopping the processor.

System details:
* Win 7 (32-bit)
* AVR Studio 5.0.1163
* JTAG ICE mkII (7.d firmware)
* ATMega324p

I can use the JTAG ICE mkII to download code to the processor, and execution initially stops at the top of main(). Then, I can single step the processor, and set breakpoints farther down in main. But, once I 'continue,' the breakpoints do not halt the processor. I know that the lines with breakpoints are eventually executed because single-stepping passes through these lines.

Is anyone experiencing similar problems? Thanks!
By stevech
kwgilpin wrote:I recently upgraded from AVR Studio 4 to 5, and now it seems that when debugging, breakpoints are not stopping the processor.

System details:
* Win 7 (32-bit)
* AVR Studio 5.0.1163
* JTAG ICE mkII (7.d firmware)
* ATMega324p

I can use the JTAG ICE mkII to download code to the processor, and execution initially stops at the top of main(). Then, I can single step the processor, and set breakpoints farther down in main. But, once I 'continue,' the breakpoints do not halt the processor. I know that the lines with breakpoints are eventually executed because single-stepping passes through these lines.

Is anyone experiencing similar problems? Thanks!
AVR Studio 5 is a bit beta/young. Using the prior version makes more sense, at least for a few months.