SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions on the software and hardware for Atmel's STK standard.
By Thunduaga
OMFG I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING. But seriously right now, my code is EXACTLY LIKE THIS http://www.mcselec.com/index.php?option ... &Itemid=57 and all i have done is gone to options > programmer and selected USBASP because that is what i am using. the bread board is exactly like the diagram in the link, except i have the ISP hooked up to supply 5v from the comp. Everything works fine, i press erase and program chip after compiling it AND NOTHING HAPPENS..... WHY??? WHY WONT IT WORK???? BASIC CODE MAKES SOUND BUT NOT BASCOM!!! All i want is for my speaker to play "The Final Countdown", if anyone has Basic code for that then that would be great but given that the bascom code is provided this should be easy but nothing is happening..... why wont anything happen... is there some configuration im not aware of? please help i dont have much time before i have to hand this in at school..
By Thunduaga
How am i sopose to code it myself if bascom doesnt frecking work? I copied the code EXACTLY just to make sure that it was not my code that is the problem. That way the problem could only be my breadboarding, my programmer, or bascom. After doing some small code in basic and having sound come out of the speaker i have determined that BASCOM is the problem. Does anyone have any idea why its not working? The basic code works but the bascom doesnt do a thing.
By Thunduaga
I wish i knew i had to download "blank" sooner. Still i'm glad i figured it out, but sense you had no interest in helping me i have no interest in helping you. I was using this code for trouble shooting purposes and nothing else. Plagiarizing would imply i stated that this was my code. Educate yourself
Thunduaga wrote:I wish i knew i had to download "blank" sooner. Still i'm glad i figured it out, but sense you had no interest in helping me i have no interest in helping you. I was using this code for trouble shooting purposes and nothing else. Plagiarizing would imply i stated that this was my code. Educate yourself
"my code is EXACTLY LIKE THIS http://www.mcselec.com/index.php?option ... &Itemid=57"
"i dont have much time before i have to hand this in at school.."
Riiiiiiiiiiiiight....
Thunduaga wrote:I wish i knew i had to download "blank" sooner. Still i'm glad i figured it out, but sense you had no interest in helping me i have no interest in helping you. I was using this code for trouble shooting purposes and nothing else. Plagiarizing would imply i stated that this was my code. Educate yourself
Fer sure. The professor has no issue with you submitting someone else's work for class credit?

Oh! I get it. The class is "skills in download files".
stevech wrote:Oh! I get it. The class is "skills in download files".
Heck, ya gotta figure some people really need help with the whole "Right Click" and "Save Target As..."
Could take them YEARS to learn that sort of technology.