SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions on the software and hardware for Atmel's STK standard.
I'm doing my own project and i need a USB Development Board with over then 120k Of memeory
the best chioce would be Teensy ++ 2.0 using AT90USB1286 but its out of stock in their website
any other advices?
i would like a board that uses one of the next -
* AT90USB162
* AT90USB646
* AT90USB647
* AT90USB1286
* AT90USB1287
* ATMEGA32U4
i live in Seattle, WA.
and i don't want to buy it in the web so i would be glad if you tell me where i can buy what that answers my demands,
thanks in advance!
By leon_heller
I don't think that any of those devices are in stock anywhere. Use a USB PIC, Microchip doesn't have such serious production problems, and has suitable boards in stock. I've got a very simple design you can use - boards are available from Olimex.
leon_heller wrote:I don't think that any of those devices are in stock anywhere. Use a USB PIC, Microchip doesn't have such serious production problems, and has suitable boards in stock. I've got a very simple design you can use - boards are available from Olimex.
i need an AMTEL , why they dont have any in stock?
By leon_heller
Atmel doesn't have their own fabs, and has to join the queue at suppliers like TSMC. They also laid off lots of people during the recession. Microchip has their own fabs and didn't lay anyone off. You are probably stuck unless you switch to a different supplier, like Microchip.
By leon_heller
It'll be six months or more, at a guess. There are availability problems with most Atmel devices, not just the USB chips. It isn't just Atmel, of course, many other companies are having problems. Even Microchip has had some difficulty keeping up with demand, and they are the market leader in 8-bit devices.