SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Questions &/or issues related to products in the LCDs and OLEDs category should be posted in this forum.
Hi JJ,

Well, that would explain it. The screw probably had "grounded out" the SCL trace by exposing a bit of the copper in that trace under the solder mask. It should not have broken anything since the I2C master is only trying to drive that line LOW but it may have slightly damaged the trace to the point where it may fail in the future. If you're uncertain about the performance of the I2C bus on your Turbo going forward, we can still help you out via an RMA ticket but it should not be necessary.

I would recommend putting screws on the opposite mounting holes or using some non-conductive washers to isolate that mounting hole from the SCL trace. I'm glad we finally figured out what was causing the issue, though. Let us know if you run into any other problems or have any questions about these or another of our products, tutorials or example code and we would be happy to help as much as we can.