Using Serial to send commands, help!

Have you got the greatest 48 bit multiplier ever conceived? Prove it - post your code here.

Moderator: phalanx

varminter

Using Serial to send commands, help!

Post by varminter » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:27 pm

I'm looking for a way to send commands to my arduino using Serial to, for now, lighting a RGB led but who knows what later on. I've had a look at the sketch in circuit 12 of the guide where you can send a value between 0-255 to control the RPM of a motor, it uses Serial.parseInt to control the RPM. I want to toggle the LED on util I send a stop command.
It's a bit hard to look for the code when you don't know exactly what you are looking for :P

Can anyone help?

waltr
Support Volunteer

Re: Using Serial to send commands, help!

Post by waltr » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:50 pm

Well start be looking in the arduino forum instead of the PIC forum.

Ross Robotics
Support Volunteer

Re: Using Serial to send commands, help!

Post by Ross Robotics » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:30 pm

First what waltr said. How did you come up with posting an Arduino question in a PIC forum?
varminter wrote:I'm looking for a way to send commands to my arduino using Serial to, for now, lighting a RGB led but who knows what later on. I've had a look at the sketch in circuit 12 of the guide where you can send a value between 0-255 to control the RPM of a motor, it uses Serial.parseInt to control the RPM.
What guide? Just because you are on Sparkfun's forum doesn't mean that anyone knows about the "guide."
I want to toggle the LED on util I send a stop command.
It's a bit hard to look for the code when you don't know exactly what you are looking for :P

Can anyone help?
You already posted what to look for, "arduino serial" pulls thousands of links about Arduino Serial commands. To offer further help, we need a link to that "guide." Also post the sketch that you are using in 'code' tags.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//codlink
Available for circuit and PCB design, just PM me!