SSD1339 OLED via SPI

Have you got the greatest 48 bit multiplier ever conceived? Prove it - post your code here.

Moderator: phalanx

inh

Re: SSD1339 OLED via SPI

Post by inh » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:37 am

Checked the output voltages. 1 = 3.2v or so, 0 is 0.54v, which is awfully close to the maximum of .62v

Double checked the wiring, software SPI, port/pin, and anythign else I could think of and it all checks out. I'm starting to think either the voltage is too high for the controller to register a 0 or its damaged, eithe rfrom my previous experimenting or perhaps it arrived that way, I don't know. I'll try a parellel interface when I get more diodes in. If that doesnt work, i'll use mosfet's to level shift, wich is the best way to go about that. After that I'm buying a new OLED display.

peejay

Post by peejay » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:18 pm

Personally, I'd just use a resistor divider. I've used them before and they work fine.

Or buy a few of these: http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/produc ... ts_id=8745

arhi

Post by arhi » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:31 pm

any luck with this? I'm trying to talk to this LCD-09676 (or LCD-00763 no idea which one I have) via SPI for 2 days now from pic32 and I'm stuck. Can't get anything out of it ..

RW, BS1 and BS2 are connected to the GND
I tried using HW SPI (100K, 200K, 400K no difference) and sw spi (with up to 5ms between clocks) - no luck
I tied D3-D7 to GND, EN to GND and left them floating - no luck

I see all signals (CS, RES, DC, SCK, SDO) on the scope and they all look ok, if I connect SDO and SDI on the host mcu I can get the feedback so SPI is working .. but there's nothing on the OLED screen :(

If there's anyone who made this piece of hw work with spi, can you please write the *whole* pin to pin connection - what exactly did you link with what, what jumpers on pcb you used etc

thx in advance