SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have a good idea for a new product for SFE or Olimex? Let us know!
By motopic
I like to use the Coridium Armmite arm7 dev card. But I spend a lot of time building up a breakout board on perfboard. A dev card that sat on top of the Coridium card, that ran out 5v, 3,3v, gnd and the io pins would be great.

If I get it done first I will post here, otherwise the challenge is to you Sparkfun and Coridium.

Thanks,
Joe
By viskr
Yes its been a long time coming.

But rather than do a custom daughter board for the ARMmite, we will be doing a new version of the ARMmite, that is footprint compatible with the Arduino PRO. This will support both 5V and 3.3V shields, and bring the BASIC and C with the 32 bit ARM processor to that family of products.

We have the first protos in now, and expect to be shipping in March. You can find some preliminary details here. We are looking for user feedback before we turn on the production spigot.

http://www.coridiumcorp.com/ARMhelp/scr/HWproPins.html

We have done a number of custom ARMmite daughter cards for OEMs, and this is the most cost effective way to do 50-500 semi-custom solutions. There were a couple cases where we thought a daughter board with a wider audience, but they didn't happen. And there's always the ARMexpress in the Parallax BASIC stamp form factor.
By UofMEShop
Perhaps pay some attention to noise on the AD Reference pin ? Maybe allow access to its trace or provide a via so users could bring in an external reference (for perhaps lower noise) or be able to change the reference voltage to result in different AD ranges ?

Forum thread on AD noise :
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ARMe ... ssage/1311
By viskr
The ARMmite PRO will have an RC filter on the VDDa (analog supply), so I expect good A/D performance.

The original ARMexpress "stamp" sized board was too constrained in size to have that filter.

As for running VDDa at other voltages, NXP's spec calls for 3-3.3V nominal inputs, I don't know how it will perform with different inputs. Actually to minimize noise, you really want to run that as high as possible.