SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have a good idea for a new product for SFE or Olimex? Let us know!
By Guest
If you had eagle cad files of the dev boards maby some of the basics would be done and give the users some gideance and then when they add stuff to your dev board they can remake it as a profesional board?
By sparky
Really good idea! - but you will learn over time just how hairy PCB layout can be. There are very few people willing to give out their project files. There is considerable research and dev time plugged into each one.

-Nathan
By pittuck
yup, oh and never think to urself that single sided will save money and time. no. it wont. lol. My mate makes pcb's at college, so i asked him to make a small one, to make it easy for him i use a single sided design (then he only had to print, uv, clean, etch and post it to me) bit the amount of trouble doing it! Its twice the size of a double sided one casue of all the wire links and wotknots wich had to be put in.

Even worse is that i could not get a ICSP socket in, so have to bodge one on, somehow. ;)

Oh but i am a opensource follower, so i would publish it, just like i would publish my code for any project which i felt was worthy of being talked about.