SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have a good idea for a new product for SFE or Olimex? Let us know!
By Guest
It will be great if you make a board with CS8900 and connector for interfacing uC.
By OLIMEX
In matter of fact MSP430-EasyWeb is exactly this kind of board.
It have CS8900 chip connected to MSP430F149 and the TCP/IP stack is open source

Best regards
Tsvetan
By nephrozym
sparky wrote:Unfortunately, this IC has been discontinued. If there is a new, equivalent, IC out there, please let us know and we can layout a TQFP breakout board for it.
this is probably suitable.
By Warper
Hi,
Does anyone know where to buy some (~10) Ethernet controllers? I am flexibly but I just can't find any vendor.

Help!?

Warper
By OLIMEX
We buy ours from Memec
Tsvetan
By Guest
OLIMEX wrote:In matter of fact MSP430-EasyWeb is exactly this kind of board.
It have CS8900 chip connected to MSP430F149 and the TCP/IP stack is open source

Best regards
Tsvetan
Where can I find the docs for MSP430-EasyWeb (part lists) ?
By Guest
the parts list is in the TI appnote, you can download it from TI or Olimex's web

BR
By Guest
Anonymous wrote:the parts list is in the TI appnote, you can download it from TI or Olimex's web

BR
Many thanks for your help so far. I noticed that there are assembled easyWeb2 boards.
But I'm interested in a cheaper design without LCD and RS232 and so on. All I need are
4 to 6 10A/240VAC relay outputs. So I thougth the simpler easyWeb board would be a good starting point.

Are there assembled easyWeb boards out there? And what do you think would a simple unit with nothing more than 6 relay outputs cost?

andreas@easyleading.com
By OLIMEX
Custom boards can be made and assembled up to your specs.
Send your PCB files, Bill of materials and quantity you need for quote.
More info you can find on http://www.olimex.com/pcb/protoa.html
Thanks
Tsvetan
By K i W i
Check out http://www.edtp.com
The website has many ethernet chips already embedded in nice breakout circuits which makes work alot easier , especially cause each one of these ethernet chips is 100pins + and QFPs ...
By RussNelson
sparky wrote:Another fun IC! A fully enabled 10mbit ethernet controller.
Thanks! I'm glad you like it.
sparky wrote:Unfortunately, this IC has been discontinued. If there is a new, equivalent, IC out there, please let us know and we can layout a TQFP breakout board for it.
Are you sure about that? It's still listed on the Cirrus Logic web page, with no indication that it isn't available anymore.
By Danne
Try these guys,
I have used their IP Dragon (board with CS8900A) in the past with great success. Good board layout with low EMI emission. Currently I am working with a beta board from them which uses a 100MBit ethernet controller and a 16-bit interface. You should contact them directly if you want to know more.

You'll find them at http://www.invector.nu

Regards
Dan the man
By sparky
I dunno where I got that it was discountinued...

We actually have a batch of IP Dragons on the way from Sweden. We'll get them posted as soon as we can get our grubby mitts on them.

-Nathan