SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have a good idea for a new product for SFE or Olimex? Let us know!
By reklipz
Hey guys (specifically Olimex).

Any ideas on when a LPC3180 Development Board can be expected?

If thats a bit much to ask, what about the CS-E9315 Development Board that was coming in late December?

I'm really excited about using one of these two, and I think a few others are as well.

Let us know!

-Nate
By OLIMEX
Hi,

SAM9260 and EP9315 boards are complete and prototyping, I can't say they will work as we want from the very first proto but the process is moving forward.
SAM9261 will follow with LCD320x200 with touchscreen - basically this will be like PDA platform and will be able to run all software for iPaq PocketPC if Windows Mobile is installed, still we can't decide if to make provisions for GPS/GSM add on modules.
LPC3180 will follow somewhere in time, but it's too complex and will take too much time to develop (we fight for 8 months LPC2888 now) and I'm not so enthusiastic to mess with device with same package at the moment before we solve all problems with LPC2888.

Best regards
Tsvetan
By reklipz
Excellent, exactly what I was looking for.

For the LPC2888, is that just a 4 layer board, or did you bump it up to 6?

I was thinking I may have to create my own little dev board with a few of the external modules that I might be needing, but reflowing a 320pad FBGA sounds like it ought to be loads of fun (idk if that will get lost in translation, but ie, its not gonna be fun).

I'm glad to hear about the SAM9260 and EP9315 boards, the SAM9261 board sounds promising as well!

-Nate
By reklipz
After a bit more thought, it seems that the EP9315 from Cirrus Logic is a better solution than any of the others.

Is it possible to get an approximate release date for the EP9315 board?

I'm tempted to give in and purchase a EDB9315A-Z, the dev board by cirrus logic, but I would much rather go with something that I know and trust (Plus, I think your boards look loads cooler anyways :D ).
By OLIMEX
we are prototyping now, before the release we have to check that everything works and then run production so it may take 2-3 months.
the price of our board will be around $300 while Cirrus boadr with TFT is about US $1500 so it may worth waiting ;)