SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have a good idea for a new product for SFE or Olimex? Let us know!
By Tristawye
We formed a small team of 3 (one dancer, one designer, and one software engineer) and started tinkering. I'm a designer. I design most of our costumes, they have to be durable, flexible and beautiful. We have seen a lot of LED costumes before while during the performance but there's all one problem we can't control the lights perfectly. I always realized that I should make another pattern rather than this one. And we can't change the patterns as we like because it cost very long time to write the code... :roll:

So we have DIYed a luminous LED dance clothing called R.I. Dance controlled by a simple APP with Arduino101. LED pattern change controlled to the moves and gestures. R.I. can train different actions to control different effects. Dancers can design their own patterns with no code soon! Good news! Both for male and female. It really does a good job. Now I can designer any patterns I want and I will see the effects at once!
Check it out! :dance:

We need your support to bring RI to every designer and dancer like us!
If You have any suggestions or recommendations about the project, please contact us here.
Trista
By Tristawye
With the latest neuronal technology enabled by CurieNeurons, we created R.I. Dance - the world's first AI LED programming system with no codes made for dancers!

With R.I. Dance, dancers only need wear some neural bracelets, set up the phone to record the dance, and then start dancing! The neuron modules inside the bracelets can automatically trace and record the body movements respectively. After the dance is over, you can open the app and select your dance frame and then start designing the LED effect on your costume, just like editing a video. The luminous effect will immediately display as you designed and it will match your body movements in the selected film.