SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have a good idea for a new product for SFE or Olimex? Let us know!
By jpgmarks
I'm working with Lilypad components to make light-up textiles to sell on Etsy; I'v been thrilled with the results so far. However, I'd like to include a battery when shipping them to folks and the USPS requires that with lithium batteries (like the cr2032), the battery be installed and the item turned off during shipment.

For some of my items, I'm not using the switched battery holder, so I can't fulfill both requirements. Husband suggested those little plastic battery pull tabs - I can only find them on alibaba.com with a minimum 5000 order. Um, no. This would be great to be able to get through sparkfun!
By motopic
paper, inkjet printer, InkScape software.

Draw the tab, print it out.

if it REALLY has to be plastic, get some onion skin, or window cling, both are available as inkjet printer specialty packs at a office supply store.
By Dave Mueller
Cut up plastic milk jugs. Thin and fairly indestructible. Or an acetate sheet protector from the office store.
By jpgmarks
awesome, thank you! My area of expertise skews heavily (around 98%) towards the sewing part of the e-textiles genre, so I wasn't sure what would work...had visions of exploding packages :)