SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have a good idea for a new product for SFE or Olimex? Let us know!
By ChrisG
My first suggestion is more breakout boards for surface-mount ICs. Currently, there are a couple ICs I'd like to play with, but I can't find a reasonably priced breakout board for either of them (one is a QSOP24 package, and the other is an HTSSOP38). If SFE had breakout boards available for a wider variety of packages, they would be very useful for prototyping.

My second suggestion is a product that I just discovered today: INCRA rulers. http://www.incra.com/product_markingrules.htm Basically, the ruler has been reinvented. Using these rulers, it is possible to make a much more accurate mark than with a standard ruler. They are available in metric and imperial units as well as a combination of both systems. They can also add a logo if desired. I don't know what the cost would be like, or how much demand there would be for them, but they could definitely be useful for a huge variety of projects.
By Ross Robotics
I agree with both of these suggestions. Would like to see a wide variety of SMD breakout boards. Also that ruler is awesome. I will be purchasing a few of them..