SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have a good idea for a new product for SFE or Olimex? Let us know!
By mbaerwal
Hi you guys!

Recently I've been interested in RFID technology, and more and more I find myself wanting to sew RFID tags into every piece of clothing I own in order to effectively inventory my wardrobe and keep each piece of clothing's attributes in a database that allows me to search for clothing based on color, weather-appropriateness, etc...

Maybe that's just me. But anyway, I thought that it would be great to have an RFID tag that's as easy to sew as a button, and tiny enough that it would hardly be noticeable. I found these ones that are designed for the garments of nursing home residents, and thought they would be a perfect fit:
http://www.tagsysrfid.com/Products-Serv ... io-370L-HL

However, you have to spend a minimum of $500 on the website in order to buy these, and have to contact them and get a quote. *sigh.* I would definitely consider it if it was around $200, depending on what the price per tag is, but $500 is definitely out of my range. :cry: Is there anyone else here who feels a need for smaller, cheaper, easier to sew RFID tags? These look like exactly what I need, and I'd love to see these or something similar stocked.

Thanks!