SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have a good idea for a new product for SFE or Olimex? Let us know!
By evilgenius121
Ok, so first of all, I have not done anything regarding this project. I don't know how to work all of the parts (yet!) but it seems like it is entirely possible (and a google search brings up a few attempts at it)

I thought of this after seeing the BigTime watch kit. I am not a huge programmer, but love arduino and the like. I saw the BigTime watch and thought "Wouldn't it be cool if it had an LCD? So we could program in our own images and styles?"

Basically my idea is to get a Nokia 5110 (or similar) LCD display, and make a board for it that runs off of an ATTiny or Atmega chip. The display itself is the perfect size for a watch face. Basically the board would have the same basic design as the BigTime clock (in terms of timing, etc), but instead of the 4 digit display, the Nokia LCD would be used. This would allow people to program the wach any way they please, and make different styles and displays. I think that with a custom board and such, the price would come out near the same as the BigTime, and should be under $40. :idea: