SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have a good idea for a new product for SFE or Olimex? Let us know!
By awoz
is it possible to do software controlled signal conditioning?

if so, it would be great to have a multichannel software signal conditioning shield for arduino

so it would be very easy to adapt whatever sensor to arduino without needing any other external component

this shield would be controlled from the arduino itself and should have as many channels as arduino has of analog inputs

the signal conditioning should include all kind of operation to the sensor's signal to fit it perfectly to the 0 to 5v range, such as:

amplification, filtering, voltage offsets, impedance control, voltage scaling, linearity adjustment, etc.

i'm not sure (please correct me anyone if i'm wrong) but i think that exactly what infusionsystem's I-CubeX is able to do but they are ridiculously expensive and so secretive they hide their sensors inside black plastic so they can charge 40 bucks for a stupid poti... but now, maybe they include signal conditioning circuitry directly on their sensors breakboards...

does any one knows about this?

here is a link to a screenshot of their sensor control software
http://infusionsystems.com/catalog/popu ... 09/image/1

would anything like this be possible with arduino?
By PrototypeNL
if there is a cheap adc that can handle a wide range of voltages and can interface with the arduino (for instance over i²c) the rest of the conversions could be done in a library. to do it all electronically would probably be quite expensive (and bulky if not in one ic).

Anybody correct me if i'm wrong, i'm just a student and still learning :oops: on the other hand, aren't we all? :mrgreen: