SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have a good idea for a new product for SFE or Olimex? Let us know!
By dak246
In my opinion the best thing about sparkfun is the selection of smd and other hobbyist unfriendly components that are attached to breakout boards. But I think a great idea would be to offer the option to have ANY smd component or other "impossible for the typical hobbyist to deal with" component pre-attached to a breakout board for an extra fee. As far as I know this doesn't exist anywhere and I think it would attract a lot of people like me who just don't want to deal with the extra complication. I think this is especially important considering how new technology keeps getting smaller and smaller.
I think another great idea would to offer connectors for those very tiny little ribbon cables that are on cell phone lcds, camera modules etc.
By wittend
dak246 wrote:In my opinion the best thing about sparkfun is the selection of smd and other hobbyist unfriendly components that are attached to breakout boards. But I think a great idea would be to offer the option to have ANY smd component or other "impossible for the typical hobbyist to deal with" component pre-attached to a breakout board for an extra fee. As far as I know this doesn't exist anywhere and I think it would attract a lot of people like me who just don't want to deal with the extra complication. I think this is especially important considering how new technology keeps getting smaller and smaller.
I think another great idea would to offer connectors for those very tiny little ribbon cables that are on cell phone lcds, camera modules etc.
I agree - especially about the connectors. I know that there is an infinite number of variations out there, but just a good selection of one and two row connectors for stuff smaller than 0.1" - the next two sizes down - are they 0.65mm and 0.5mm?