SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have a good idea for a new product for SFE or Olimex? Let us know!
By souplogic
Meta kits would be a list of parts grouped together with instructions, code and other materials needed to complete a particular project.

This would allow easy organization and purchase of all pieces needed for interesting projects listed on the blog, thought up by the community etc.

A good example of a meta kit would be an ardubot, for which Sparkfun seems to carry all the necessary pieces, but not together as a kit. Ideally I would be able to navigate to the meta kit page, read all about it and add it to my cart- after which I could remove things like the Arduino board if I already had one.

One snag would be how to display the inventory status of one of these kits, as they are actually a bunch of separate items, but you guys seem to have enough clever people over there to figure something out.

This is probably not a new Idea, so please consider this my vote if it is something already talked about. I think it would be a really cool way to offer more kits and more community content without having to commit to actual products.
By follower
In the meantime you could use another web site to describe the project and then a public SparkFun wishlist to at least assemble all the required components in a list.

--Philip;