SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have a good idea for a new product for SFE or Olimex? Let us know!
By dennisonb
I'm building small BEAM style walking robots, but updated for the micro controller age with small un-modified servos. Problem is- it's quite hard to make nice legs, and if I do- it's really hard to attach them to the servos. In general I am working with the Hi-Tech micro servos (the tiny blue ones) and it's really difficult to attach anything in a reliable way. I'd love to see some attachments that can screw onto servo shafts, or attach to the generic attachments that the servos come with, so that it's easy to attach legs. (In this case my legs are paperclips or heavier gauge wire) I know I could probably at this point 3d print something, but the it would be nice if I could just buy a small bag of leg attachments.
By waltr
One way would be to drill holes in the servo horn or disk for screws. Then bend small loops (eyes) on the ends of the wire (paper clips) for the screw to pass through.
By dennisonb
This does work on the larger servo horns, although not very pretty it can work. But on the microservos, there just isn't enough plastic to really bend wires around with stressing the plastic too much. They are very tiny at that point. A dedicated mount would be fantastic.

-dennison