SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have a good idea for a new product for SFE or Olimex? Let us know!
By mericas
I'm working on a project that will need several (4) 2x5 0.1" headers. At least two of them really need to be 0.1" for standard ICSP and JTAG connectors. I'd like to use 2mm headers to save space. A breakout board with a double row of 2MM pitch holes on one end connected to a double row of 0.1" pitch holes on the other end would be great. For flexibility it could be 2X10 (or even wider) as long as I can just plug in the width I need.

I realize this is a fairly trivial request and I could whip up a board to do this myself. But if I need a few of these I figure someone else might too! :D
By sparky
I you are convinced other people will use it too, you may want to create a design and have other's help you with it on the www.opencircuits.com website. That way you can submit whatever gerbers you need fabbed on the BatchPCB site.

-Nathan
By roach
mericas, do you know where I can find 2mm pitch pins and connectors? I also want to save some space on my board, and I suppsed I could just strip the plastic spacers from my regular .1" pin headers, but I'm having a devil of a time trying to find 2mm pitch connectors. Any ideas?
By wiml
roach: both Digi-Key and Mouser sell a wide selection of 2mm headers and receptacles ... looks like Jameco might stock them also (from a real quick look at their website).